The Chorale holds auditions by appointment only at the beginning of the fall semester in late August and again at the beginning of the spring semester in January. To ensure continuity, balance, and cohesiveness of sound, successful auditions and placement of voices are determined by the Artistic Director. After a successful audition you may be asked to become a member of the Chorale and participate immediately OR you may be placed on a wait-list for your voice part and “called upon” as space allows.
For more information or to schedule an audition, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Audition Process:
- Bring with you a completed Audition Form.
- Prepare a solo selection in the classical medium (Broadway or popular music may not be used) or a hymn. All pieces must be accompanied and may not be sung a cappella. The hymn selection must be taken from traditional church hymnody which excludes contemporary choruses or church choir anthems. If you choose to sing a hymn, do not sing any other part than the melody.
- There will be a brief sight reading portion of the audition.
- Bring three copies of your solo selection to your audition.
- Bring a pencil.
- Be at least fifteen minutes early for your scheduled audition time.
As a member of the Vernon Chorale, please plan for the following:
- Rehearsals are Tuesday nights, 7:30-9:30pm at St. John’s Episcopal Church, Vernon CT
- The Vernon Chorale typically performs three concerts per season; December, April and June.
- Dues are $60 per season.
- Members purchase their own music as well as assist with ticket sales.
- Please include contact information so we may arrange an audition appointment.
Before joining The Vernon Chorale we highly suggest you read our Handbook. It has valuable information about what you should expect from the chorale and what the chorale will expect from you.