The Chorale holds auditions by appointment only at the beginning of the fall season in early September and again at the beginning of the spring season in January.
For more information or to schedule an audition, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Audition Process:
- Bring with you a completed Audition Form.
- Prepare a solo selection in the classical medium (Broadway or popular music may not be used) or a hymn. All pieces must be accompanied and may not be sung a cappella. The hymn selection must be taken from traditional church hymnody which excludes contemporary choruses or church choir anthems. If you choose to sing a hymn, do not sing any other part than the melody.
- There will be a brief sight reading portion of the audition.
- Bring three copies of your solo selection to your audition.
- Bring a pencil.
- Be at least fifteen minutes early for your scheduled audition time.
As a member of the Vernon Chorale, please plan for the following:
- Rehearsals are Tuesday nights, 7:30-9:30pm, at Rockville High School.
- The Vernon Chorale typically performs three concerts per season; December, April and June.
- Dues are $60 per season.
- Members purchase their own music as well as assist with ticket sales.
- Please include contact information so we may arrange an audition appointment.
Before joining The Vernon Chorale we suggest you read our Handbook. It has valuable information about what you should expect from the chorale and what the chorale will expect from you.